Monday, February 2, 2009

book group

Hi K,

I'm going to be running a book discussion group at Loganberry Books. Harriet asked me if I would be interested in doing this, and without much thought, I going to be on the 4th Thursday of each month--Survivor night, and I never miss Survivor, but I guess the idea of talking about books, surrounded by books, in this lovely bookstore, just seemed like a fun thing to do, and I can tape Survivor. Harriet and I talked about what kind of group this would be, and we both agreed we would chose "not new" books--it is a used and rare bookstore! There are so many books I've missed anyway, and so many I love and want to talk about with other book lovers. Just a few weeks ago Harriet turned me on to 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff, and we figured that would be a good place to start this group--a fun, sweet, short book about a woman who loves books, and her correspondence with a bookseller in London. Harriet knows all sorts of stuff about this book and the author, so she'll be there to share what she knows. You can read about the book group on the Loganberry blog. Maybe you can come? It would be great if my friends came. We could have fun. And I know you could suggest a few books we should read.

Talk later,
Peace,
Sarah

No comments: